FESTIVE SEASON WITH NEXT

Posted by Unknown On 00:46
It's getting close to the C word, I didn't want to say it until at least mid November when I got my finances sorted but I can't help myself any longer, with all the glitzy adverts on telly at the moment, the trend update emails i'm getting for glittery party wear and my housemate whacking on one of the greatest holiday season love stories Bridget Jones as part of her dissertation work, I couldn't contain my excitement for that c word, CHRISTMAS!

I can think of nothing I would rather do than have day long marathons of Love Actually and Bridget Jones sequels, curling up on the couch in my onesie (no I don't own one, but I'm not embarrassed to say I steal my boyfriends Primark monkey onesie) and loosing myself in the artificial snow, sickly love story-lines and over smiley carol singers from the divine wedding scene with Kiera Knightley in Love Actually (literally anything is better than the shit that gets shown on Xfactor these days) One of my favourite things to do around this time of year is to close the curtains around 4:30, get my hot mug of cocoa and sob my heart out to some old american romance movie, namely Sleepless in Seattle and even though I'm crying I'm happy because I love the fact it's christmas! 

After years and years of extensive research, it's come to my attention what all these classic holiday films have in common: the carols, the perfect snowfall, the twinkling Christmas lights and, of course, the candles. What is it about candles that makes everything more romantic, more special and more meaningful? Is it the dull flickering flame, the soothing aroma, the subtle radiating heat? Everyone feels closer and happier, and it doesn’t hurt that the soft candlelight agrees with my complexion! 

Lusting over christmas I got a bit carried away looking for stuff to decorate my home with, this will be my first christmas with my boyfriend so I definitely want to make it special, I don't usually recommend accessories on my blog but as the months pass I can feel myself getting maturer and wanting to make my house a home with dainty little furnishings! I got all house proud when I came across this beautiful set of Decorative Tree Candles £8 (http://bit.ly/RPJXin) to go on the living room table next to the tree. The rich mix of sweet fir balsam and amber with notes of cinnamon and pine will have my living room smelling like a wonderful Christmas cabin in the woods. 

I also liked these deep red Festive Spice Pillar Candles £12 (http://bit.ly/WDvvQk) for a sweeter mix of juicy orange, red berries and festive spices. I know this year you won't be able to stop me from keeping these lovely candles burning all day long to create the ideal Christmas ambiance!

Photobucket

3 Responses to 'FESTIVE SEASON WITH NEXT'

  1. B A R B A R A said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/10/festive-season-with-next.html?showComment=1350985181376#c8331370125093845211'> 23 October 2012 at 10:39

    I love scented candles too but rarely use them, lol.
    Barbara
    http://barbsiesmusings.blogspot.com/
    Lagos, Nigeria

     

  2. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/10/festive-season-with-next.html?showComment=1351020845185#c8076709479398618392'> 23 October 2012 at 20:34

    I try and light some every night! run out of lighter fluid at the moment though, my room smells so normal!

     

  3. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/10/festive-season-with-next.html?showComment=1351020858829#c2873079758768996443'> 23 October 2012 at 20:34

    thank you!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers