WHAT'S IN YOUR POCKET?

Posted by Unknown On 21:22

Happy Valentines day beauts!

So recently I was contacted by Money supermarket who offered me the chance to enter their competition to spend £20 on whatever I fancied, on the condition I had to find an outfit that had a feel good money saving factor and as my readers will know... I'm a massive fan of getting more for my money! So I jumped at the chance as I also love a challenge!

They recently came up with a feel-good experiment which involved setting up hidden cameras in a busy dry cleaners and telling customers they’d left a £20 note in their pocket by mistake and their reactions were caught on camera! 
You can have a look at the video here: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/epic/pocket-some-extra-cash/
It just goes to show how good life’s ‘little wins’ can make you feel and we’ve all experienced the momentary joy of finding money in our pockets or an old purse that we didn’t know was there which is why this challenge is so great in celebrating saving money and hopefully sharing the feeling with my readers!

This competition is open to the most creative bloggers in the fashion community, so I was extremely happy to be chosen to take part! Once everyone has entered their £20 spends, moneysupermarket will choose the most creative blogger that has really embraced the idea of saving money and feeling good and will win £200 prize!

So this is what I can do with £20, imagine what I'd be like with £200?! My first thought was, I have to go to the charity shops, my favourite place at the moment and where I find all my bargains, but I also had an event called the Re:So fashion boot sale to attend so I could mix up my finds abit! My money saving and feel good concept is definitely recycling, nothing brings me more joy than getting new preloved clothes and doing something good by donating to charity at the same time! I hope you like...





Seeing as it's valentines day, I thought I would show you my Valentines 'date' look with my finds. Excuse the very poor background as it was a really nice day I wanted to take it outside and my garden isn't the luxurious of backdrops!


The crushed velvet top is from my local charity shop, the label has been taken out so I'm not sure where it was from originally but isn't it great? I've tied it in a knot so you can't see the full extent of it but it's about waist length. This cost me £2.99 from British Home Stores charity store in Southampton.


This skirt was featured in my Re:So fashion boot sale post and is a Monki pale pink pleated skirt and cost me £3! It's an XS and I'm a UK size 12 so I didn't even think it would fit me but surprisingly it fits! I can't wait to make full use of it in summer!


The necklace is a Topshop sale piece that I picked up after christmas, this isn't included in my £20 but I just thought I'd let you know where it was from! it was £3.50 in the sale and is reversible, the other side is red and blue snakeskin print!


The full look!


These are the shoes I bought, also from a charity shop! They are ALDO and cost me £2.50, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them they are literally perfect,  such a classy shoe and so cheap!






I also picked up these high waisted vintage jeans from the Re:So fashion boot sale and they cost me £3. This is just a variation of the top, I would definitely consider wearing this during the day as the top is so versatile and bang on trend for 90's inspired S/S13.

The Zara jumper I bought from the Re:So fashion boot sale was also part of this competition, I can easily throw it over both of these outfits and you can see it here.

So in total, I spent £15.99. Managed to create a date outfit, an everyday outfit with a jumper to suit both! I hope this competition entry has inspired you to go charity shop shopping and be thrifty like me as it definitely puts a smile on my face when I find a bargain! 
Good luck to all the other bloggers entering the competition aswell! 
Photobucket

6 Responses to 'WHAT'S IN YOUR POCKET?'

  1. http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-in-your-pocket.html?showComment=1360877447012#c1336433478658483835'> 14 February 2013 at 21:30

    I can't believe that you found that monki skirt for so cheap! Love all the pieces you chose for the challenge (:

    Jessie xx
    jessiethewallflower.blogspot.com

     

  2. http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-in-your-pocket.html?showComment=1360885556676#c7684339970675118192'> 14 February 2013 at 23:45

    This is such a great post! Love that skirt and those shoes x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

     

  3. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-in-your-pocket.html?showComment=1360951022891#c844384607787272060'> 15 February 2013 at 17:57

    As if you found those beautiful shoes in a charity shop! So nice, love a bargain!! Xo


    forthelove-of-fashion.blogspot.com

     

  4. Charlea said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-in-your-pocket.html?showComment=1361008627964#c1302473282648229342'> 16 February 2013 at 09:57

    What a great post, you've found some amazing bargains there. Love that top, am now feeling inspired to hit the charity shops!

    http://lovefromchar.blogspot.co.uk xx

     

  5. Shannon Beer said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-in-your-pocket.html?showComment=1361319221991#c6494720103734849200'> 20 February 2013 at 00:13

    Love the velvet top xx

     

  6. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-in-your-pocket.html?showComment=1361407164659#c9153614055984028404'> 21 February 2013 at 00:39

    I know! what a bargain! thanks hun xx

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers