NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Posted by Unknown On 12:00
Ah, 31st of December, how quick did that come around!! The dreaded time of the year when you are pressured into having a list to keep to, to 'make changes' and 'be a better person'.

I, like most people, use this date to re-evaluate my weight, fingernail length, alcohol consumption and love life and, like everyone else, NEVER stick to my new years resolution. I will forever love cake, bite my nails when i'm nervous, drink copious amounts of wine and vodka on nights out and usually tell myself to stop wasting my time with shit boys, but thanks to summer 2012 I met the best person and we'll be celebrating our 7 month anniversary in the first week of new year :) So there was one good things to come out of this year.



01. I finish university this year and I can't believe it, I genuinely can't imagine life without education. 75% of my life I've been in education and I think part of me will miss it, even though I don't rate my course anymore I've completely loved every aspect of the student 'life', I've laughed, I've cried and I've been poor and rich and poor again with the people I met in September 2010 and know better than myself, within the space of 2 years I've made friends that will last a lifetime and I will never regret going to university. My sole intention at uni was to get a degree in something I love doing, writing about fashion, which is why I created this blog. I'm not after a career in journalism, as I'm nowhere near as good as I should be on this course, but the fact I enjoy it makes me want to carry on with this blog as a 'sideline' project and hobby.

02. I've put on 2 stone in the last 2 years, mainly due to the fact I was drinking 4 nights a week and when student loans came in I would treat myself to a dominoes twice a week. I used to be a comfortable size 12, I was never self conscious about my weight, I had a bum, curves and boobs, every girl wants that! But recently I've noticed my hips are wider than my bust, my thighs wobble when I walk and arms are very far from toned! I hate it, i'd love to join a gym but I just can't afford it on my student budget at the moment so I'm hoping a healthier lifestyle, less drinking and working out twice a week will help shift some of that 'student fat'

03. I was inspired by my friend Naomi's post about her last new year resolution, she shopped only in charity shops and vintage stalls for clothes with a £15 budget and found some amazing gems. I have been ridiculously reckless with my money this year, especially as I discovered ebay and couldn't stop! So maybe finding investment pieces in charity shops rather than buying all of Topshop basics could help me cut down.

04. Self explanatory.

05. I've had this blog since 2008 but only started using it since November/December 2011. I've had so much fun and enjoyed every minute with the people I've worked with and the opportunities I've been offered. I like to surround myself with likeminded people, which is what I LOVE about the fashion blogger community, I thrive on being inspired and motivated and bloggers definitely do that. Here's to being the next 'style bubble' right?!

06. I'm going to be 21 this year and I can finally have an excuse to learn to drive, seeing as I'll be living back at home-home with my parents until I find the money to get my own place. It's something I've always wanted to do and I can't wait to start! Luckily my parents are buying me a block of lessons for my 21st birthday presents so that's even more reason to!

07. H&M have offered me the opportunity to train with them to a visual merchandiser level after I graduate, assuming I am accepted, I want to train with them for 6 months, then move to another store and start my dream career. I've been with h&m ever since I was 17 so this feels like the next step in our happy marriage.

08. This can't happen until I graduate, so come November 2013 hopefully (if you're still following me then) I'll be 21, graduated, driving, visual merchandising and moved out. Wish me luck!


Photobucket

4 Responses to 'NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS'

  1. http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/12/new-year-resolutions.html?showComment=1356957780563#c8323402438760246566'> 31 December 2012 at 12:43

    Perfect resolutions! I've got my fingers crossed for you. Have a lovely New Years! :) x

     

  2. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/12/new-year-resolutions.html?showComment=1356964200830#c418996423169249622'> 31 December 2012 at 14:30

    thank you, and you too! x

     

  3. Toni said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/12/new-year-resolutions.html?showComment=1357070713776#c5614944552946034517'> 1 January 2013 at 20:05

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) I'm glad you're enjoying Writing, Fashion and Culture! (Have you taken the visual merchandising unit for your last year?) I did that but really did not show up/try hard enough which is stupid of me as I feel it could have been really interesting!

    Good luck with all of your resolutions and your final term at uni!

    xx

     

  4. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2012/12/new-year-resolutions.html?showComment=1357071253762#c8712589589775715219'> 1 January 2013 at 20:14

    that's ok :) it's really nice to actually have evidence of someone who's got the degree I'm studying for, and that has been so successful after, your life is pretty much made!
    Yeah i'm doing that next semester! looking forward to it as I did vm last year and this year its advanced vm so hoping to do as well as I can as it will look good on my cv as I really want to be a visual merchandiser "when I grow up" which I guess is in 4 months time, eek! thank you :) xx

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers