RE:SO FASHION BOOT SALE

Posted by Unknown On 12:00
Re:So, which takes its name from 'Retail Solent' is a pop-up bespoke boutique where 'punk collides with elegance in a unique collection of art, fashion and music.' It is the best thing that's happened to Southampton recently, if you haven't heard of it and you're around the area, you should DEFINITELY pop in! there are so many goodies on offer every day, stocked with an eclectic mix of fashion, accessories, furniture, photography and art all created by students and recent graduates from my university so I am a big supporter of this business!
You may remember I blogged about Re:So before, where I attended a blogging workshop hosted by Expert blogger Brent Meheux.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is, last Sunday, Re:So opened it's doors to an array of fashion savvy locals, who wanted to sell unwanted clothes, shoes and jewellery at reasonable prices, just like you would on ebay! but you can actually feel, see in real light and try it on before you buy! (not your average boot sale!)

I did actually intend on selling, but due to work commitments I had to shop instead... (this didn't bother me too much!) luckily, as I am on a tight budget this month (due to February spending ban) I am involved in a competition with Moneysupermarket.com where I have been given £20 to buy an outfit, with the intention of saving money and spreading joy through bargain pieces! More on this next week when I've finished styling the outfit so keep an eye out. 

Unfortunately my battery on my camera ran out as soon as I got there so wasn't able to take many pictures, kinda glad as when I got there it was too busy to take photos anyway!





And here's a preview of what I got! for more details and pictures click read more :)





I was lucky enough to find exactly what I was looking for, a new pair of high waisted jeans, thanks to Laura I got these much loved beauties for a mere £3! They are Marks and Spencers, vintage as they say 14-16 on the label but are actually more a 10-12 fit! They look so much better on than on the hanger (so please don't pass judgements til you see them on! memo to self: do outfit post)  


(excuse the creases aha)


My next purchase was this gorgeous pale pink pleated Monki skirt from seller Anna who has an amazing mens street style blog, definitely check her out! this skirt cost me £3 too. I can't wait to wear it in the summer, it's got an elasticated waist and is size XS, I was cautious because i'm usually a S/M but I loved it so much I had to have it and luckily it fit! as I'm proper small around the waist but you can't notice as my bust is so out of proportion to my waist! (curse of curves)




I bought this Zara chunky black knit from Anna aswell, I couldn't believe she was selling it as it's so lovely! It's a long slouchy fit and I've been wearing it nonstop since I bought it, she sold it to me for £4.50! 





So all together I spent £10.50 for 3 items that will become key staples to my wardrobe, I'm so happy I went to this event and urge Re:So to do another one! as I think this is great for fashion loving students like myself, a great way to save money and recycle too. Some of these garments will be featured in my next post for Moneysupermarket.com, an exciting project I am part of and I can't wait to show you!
keep posted!


Photobucket

1 Response to 'RE:SO FASHION BOOT SALE'

  1. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/reso-fashion-boot-sale.html?showComment=1360338439240#c8678002061121416232'> 8 February 2013 at 15:47

    So glad you got an LFW ticket!! Maybe see you there hun. :) x

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers