TOPSHOP UNIQUE A/W13 - BEST BITS

Posted by Unknown On 22:12



 Digital innovation has taken LFW by storm. Topshop autumn/winter 2013 Unique show was no exception to this new breed of cyber success, live streams from the Tate Modern and even a model cam educated the eager fashionistas about the clothes that are setting the agenda on the high street for the next six months.
The models personified the Unique girl, edgy arty and full of colour. Cara Delevigne stole the show naturally, with her attitude eyes which were painted by Topshop's very own Hannah Murray
A cool crisp blue graced the eyes of the Unique girls, "the eyes and lips had a wash of bold baby blue covering the lids in oval shapes and then a bright flash of glossy red for a strong pout""then we pressed the baby blue shadow on top and slicked some quick mascara on their lashes. We (Head of design Emma Farrow) wanted to make it look as if they had done it themselves"




But it was all about the Brit look for Topshop, personifying their already classic heritage look we say hello to the 90's silhouette with a Victorian wallpaper spin and clothes you just *want* to touch. Coats in the collection were arched and oversized, falling just below the knee. The palette was varied, dark moody colours contrasted with busy prints and pops of red and orange. My favourite is Cara's outfit above, PVC and dark blue will be noted for A/W definitely. I'm glad crop tops and pencil skirts haven't left the catwalk yet, I'm loving the metallic ombre sequin combo with the pulled up nude socks above, I would wear this on a night out - minus the coat! And I can definitely see myself in the cream and blue floral knit, it looks super cosy! Especially if you saw it teamed with the PVC midi skirt on the catwalk here  (4min50 in). I love that the collection wore black patent boots and brogues too, a clear investment for Topshop with many in the sale now I would grab them while they're hot! I love the collection, Emma Farrow has done so well! My only concern is the coloured faux fur, I've always been a light fur lover, I'm not sure about the dyed colours but Topshop have got a few months to change my opinion on that I guess! Oh and that silk trouser suit/onsie? what was THAT about!


Photobucket

2 Responses to 'TOPSHOP UNIQUE A/W13 - BEST BITS'

  1. Lorna said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/topshop-unique-best-bits-aw13.html?showComment=1361315169773#c2898170524514871628'> 19 February 2013 at 23:06

    The Topshop Unique show was amazing! xx

     

  2. Unknown said...
    http://emmalouisesalter.blogspot.com/2013/02/topshop-unique-best-bits-aw13.html?showComment=1361407276478#c3966165994897499423'> 21 February 2013 at 00:41

    my favourite! xx

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers