#LFW highlights: day two

Posted by Unknown On 18:00
Continuing from yesterdays post on my favourite "really Ready-To-Wear" looks from day one of London Fashion Week, I'm doing a 5-day feature of the following days. 
Todays post is on day two of London Fashion Week, starting with Jasper Conran and his nude sheer polka dot knee length dress. High street retailers have already started investing in mesh inserts and polka dots were a big trend last season, so will any store/e-retailer dare to bare on their shelves, I'd like to know as I'm definitely interested in wearing!


Orla Kiely's take on winter fashion consists of 60's inspired pea coats, dolly collars and cute cat motifs! I fell in love with this collection after seeing some of my favourite fashion bloggers What's New Pussycatt and The Style Runner presentation posts. My favourite look is this turtleneck sweater, black cropped trousers and t-bar shoes with long socks. With a sweep fringe, this look is extremely 60s! 


Sibling AW14 collection featured oversized fedoras throughout, a great accessory I have already invested in! (Thanks ASOS) But what really caught my eye in this collection was the semi see through lace midi skirts. Cobalt blue was a great colourway this current season but unfortunately I didn't get my hands on any, I will definitely be snapping up what I can in the seasonal sales that start soon though! 


Antipodium take cullottes onto a new level, adding a velour fabric to the "next big thing" style of trousers set for SS14. These velvet statement trousers look almost like nightwear, worn with the fluffy T-bar sandals this is definitely a look for the wealthiest of bedtime dressers. I wasn't a massive fan of the varsity trend and wear a similar style sweater to bed, so this outfit screams bedtime for me but I can tell retailers will go wild for it.


House of Holland AW14 collection by Henry Holland was definitely in long-term friend Pixie Geldofs "funky offish" instagram category with dresses featuring large appliqued wine glasses with a 60's feel. The long sleeved dress with contrasting turtleneck is definitely a style the retailers will follow, not too different as House of Holland is a much loved brand by its target market. 


Images sourced from London Fashion Week

Catch up with me tomorrow when I highlight my favourite looks from day three. Any fashion bloggers that were lucky enough to be invited, please leave your post links below, I'd love to have a read first hand! 

Photobucket

0 Responses to '#LFW highlights: day two'

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers