AC X AG

Posted by Unknown On 22:09

Any person with an interest in fashion knows that Alexa Chung IS fashion in human form and anything she does is right, just so right. The all round babe has just recently designed a collection in collaboration with American denim brand AG Jeans. I hadn't heard of them before, but now I want to know them... So I clicked right to it and of course, the price range is totally, completely, 100% out of my budget right now(and for the foreseeable future) as who in the right mind pays ($180 btw) that much for a denim skirt!!?

Anyway, if I had the money, I definitely would, don't get me wrong but... I don't. So as soon as I saw the collection I fast-tracked to my favourite e-tailer ASOS to find a suitable alternative that I knew wouldn't break the bank. And here we have it, ASOS own brand denim button through skirt. A fraction of the price (£28) and is a perfect match! Hurrah, sold. Any other bloggers found alternatives to the collection yet? I'm a fan of the dress (pictured) but left my purse with the $325 in my other bag...

If you've been living under a rock for the past week or generally just want to know more about the collection I've taken the liberty of finding the article that describes it best below...





(Source: Vogue)


For over a decade, Alexa Chung has been the Pied Piper of a certain type of transatlantic It girl cool: perfectly primped Peter Pan collars, a little bit of leather here and there, impeccably fitting denim with the right amount of stray threads at the cuff, and of course, legs for days, which helps very well with all of the above. Now, Chung is translating her on-the-town look into a collaboration with AG Jeans. The 21-piece collection, which includes a dark wash dress, a denim miniskirt, cropped flares, and a rebirth of the button-fly, was inspired by Chung’s search for what she couldn’t find in thrift stores, an undying love for the playful nineties of her childhood, as well the sturdy feel of men’s jeans. Here, she gives us the lowdown on how she created her version of perfected denim—as well as a flashback to her less traditionally stylish early years.
I wanted to make these jeans that I had in my head but I couldn’t find. For me, the frustrating thing is that if I manage to get the rise or the leg right, then I feel like the pocket placement is quite strange and then you get that “long bum.” With AG, I was keen on playing around with that, making it flattering on the bum. Basically the biggest thing was the fabric: We borrowed a lot of the actual denim from men’s jeans. I don’t really like anything too stretchy. I think it is actually more flattering to wear a thicker denim that holds you in. If you are wearing the flimsy and elastic ones, you get three bums somehow!
My first denim mistake was during sixth form, which is the equivalent of tenth and and eleventh grade in England. It was the first time I could finally wear whatever I wanted, before that school uniform was compulsory. When you have lived in a school uniform from the age of four until sixteen, you don’t really know what your personal style is, so the first couple of years of freedom were kind of confusing. In school, I began wearing these really large skate jeans that hung really low—and I can’t skateboard to save my life. I ended up with the nickname “pants girl” because everyone could see my knickers.
Alexa Chung

EXPAND
Alexa Chung at age 9
Photo: Courtesy of Alexa Chung
Then when I was modeling as a teenager, it was just before skinny jeans came in and everyone was wearing those boot cut, low-cut hipsters; they were terrible. I remember really wanting skinny jeans, but they didn’t exist. Finally, brands like Sass & Bide starting making them at the same time and all of these new denim labels came out with them. ​
With this collection, I originally was hoping to reference that California seventies rock band vibe, because we were making it in California and it seemed to speak to that history: There was the Sunset Marquis and that iconic rock photography. But actually a lot of it has a nineties vibe, especially with the overalls and the button-up denim dress and the skirt; those are things that I had as a child. That happens a lot when it even comes to styling my own outfits, I realize that I’m very comfortable with things I recognize from childhood. In my mind, I was designing a perfectsixties collection but in reality, it transpired to be fairly nineties.
I was also looking up a lot of images of gangs from the sixties and seventies, Hell’s Angels type of things. In the end we didn’t go into it too much but I think that quality of denim really worn in, and something that a person owns until it falls off and disintegrates from their body—was what I wanted to emulate. I wanted to look at how men wear denim and try and replicate that fabric wear in the women’s collection. It was just the effort to make something that someone will really love, cherish, keep forever, and wear day in, day out.


Great piece right? Love that girl.

Photobucket

0 Responses to 'AC X AG'

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, be sure to leave your blog link! :)

follow me

22. SOU/LDN

22. SOU/LDN

Subscribe:

insta feed @emmasalterr

Categories:

Outfits (67) WISHLISTS (59) trends (16) WHERE IVE BEEN (14)

Followers